Boondi ladoo

 Boondi Ladoo


Couple of years back, I made it on Diwali festival at home .I used to  make in my restaurant called talented kadai, which I opened on 2018 in kochi. In my restaurant we are serving northindian cuisines and two special northindian thalis where the boondi ladoo was very special for me . Because all food was prepared by me. But due to covid - 19 my restaurant was closed but my cooking is still on .On the memory of my childhood or my restaurant, I am going to share my most Favourite sweet called mithai Boondi Ladoo.

BOONDI LADOO

Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 25 min
Total Time  45 min

Course: Sweet  Cuisine: North Indian
Serving: 12 ladies   Author  : Seema 

INGREDIENTS 

Besan - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - a pinch
Oil ( for frying)
Sugar - 1cup
Water - 1/2cup ( as needed)
Green elachi - 1/4 tsp
Melon seeds - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1tsp

PREPRATION METHOD 

1. In a pan , take besan, baking soda, pinch of salt. Add water slowly to make a smooth and running batter. 

2. Heat oil in kadai to fry boondi . Place boondi laddle over the hot oil. Take a laddle of boondi paste and pour on boondi laddle mix in a circular motion so that even size boondi falls in the oil. 
3. Fry the boondi for half minute , repeat this with all the boondi batter and make boondi and keep in a steel strainer so that all excess oil gets drained.
4.Make a sugar syrup. Add sugar and water in a pot place and pot on heat, when the sugar syrup boils simmer the stove and let it cook until it gets one string consistency.
5.After one string consistency , switch off the heat. Now put all prepared boondi in the sugar syrup add green elachi powder, melon seeds , mix it well until it's warm to handle.
6. Once the mixture is warm enough , you can make a ladoo. Apply ghee in hand and take a hand full of boondi mixture and make a ladoo. Serve and Enjoy.


Comments